DEGREE COURSES OFFERED IN THE COLLEGE
The College has got accreditation from NUC to run degree programme in the following courses in affiliation with University of Maiduguri. The College is putting more effort to get more courses accredited.
School of Art and Social Sciences
- B.A. Ed. Islamic Studies
- B.Sc. Ed Economics Education
School of Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Ed. Physics
- B.Sc. Ed. Physical Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Health Education.
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education
School of Vocational and Technical Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Agric Education
- B.Sc. Ed Business Education
School of Languages
- B.A. Ed. English
- B.A. Ed. Hausa
- B.A. Ed. Arabic
Duration of the Degree Programme.
The minimum number of years to be spent in the degree programme is four years (3 years for direct entry) and shall not exceed an additional 50% of the duration of the programme if a student fails to graduate within the minimum number of years.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
- UTME candidates must have sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with a minimum score of one hundred and sixty (160) JAMB cut-up points.
- They must also obtain a minimum of five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC (SSCE)/ NECO (SSCE) or NABTEB. These should include English Language, Mathematics and the field of study. Candidates with Grade II Certificate are eligible for admission.
Any other additional regulations or information provided by JAMB and Directorate of Affiliated Collages, University of Maiduguri from time to time.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
Direct entry candidates must possess eight points (8) in NCE or Diploma in addition to ordinary levels stated in one above. Candidates who wish to study health education must have an additional credit in Biology or Health Education.
These thirteen (13) courses have been approved by National University Commission for the College to offer in affiliation with University of Maiduguri.
The College has plans to secure the approval of NUC for the introduction of more courses.