NCE COURSES OFFERED IN THE COLLEGE
The College has accreditation from the National Commission for Colleges of Education to run NCE programme in the following courses.
School of Art and Social Sciences
School of Vocational and Technical Education
- AGE (DM)
- BED (DM)
- FAA (DM)
- HEC (DM)
- TED (DM)
School of Science
- PHE (DM)
School of Languages
Duration of the NCE Programme
The minimum number of years to be spent in the NCE programme is three years and shall not exceed an additional two years if a student fails to graduate within the minimum number of years..
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NCE ADMISSION
- A Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSC) WAEC, NECO or GCE ‘O’ Level, NABTEB and any other equivalent with Four (4) Credits at one or two sittings. Two of the Credits must be relevant to the course the candidates wishes to offer. Credits in English and/or Mathematics may be required in some courses to meet departmental requirement.
- A Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with credit or merit in five subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/Merit in English Language and/or Mathematics may be a requirement in some courses.
- For candidates wishing to offer courses in vocational and Technical Education, R.S.A. or City and Guilds/intermediate Certificate or the federal Craft training Certificate in Nigeria or abroad, is also an acceptable qualifications.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE final examinations who in addition taking and succeeding in a selection examination organized by an accredited matriculation examination body would also be qualified for admission.
- All candidates wishing to be considered for admission must enroll for, write and past the selection examination organized by an accredited body such as JAMB at a satisfactory level.
- It should be noted that some colleges may, in addition to all of the above, administer their own elimination tests and/or interviews for some courses. This is legitimate.