The School of Languages is one of the School in the College, The School has three (3) Departments. The courses of study provided in the School are designed to meet the needs of the students at various areas of academic endeavors
The School is headed by Dean, the Deputy Dean, Heads of Department, Exams Officers, as well as other supporting Staff for running the affairs of the School.
Dr. Da’u Buba
DEPARTMENTS IN SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSC) WAEC, NECO or GCE ‘O’ Level, NABTEB and any other equivalent with Four (4) Credits at one or two sittings. Two of the Credits must be relevant to the course the candidates wishes to offer. Credits in English and/or Mathematics may be required in some courses to meet departmental requirement.
- A Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with credit or merit in five subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/Merit in English Language and/or Mathematics may be a requirement in some courses.
- For candidates wishing to offer courses in vocational and Technical Education, R.S.A. or City and Guilds/intermediate Certificate or the federal Craft Training Certificate in Nigeria or abroad, is also an acceptable qualification.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE final examinations who in addition taking and succeeding in a selection examination organized by an accredited matriculation examination body would also be qualified for admission.
- All candidates wishing to be considered for admission must enroll for, write and past the selection examination organized by an accredited body such as JAMB at a satisfactory level.
It should be noted that some colleges may, in addition to all of the above, administer their own elimination tests and/or interviews for some courses. This is legitimate
- ENGLISH/SOCIAL STUDIES
- HAUSA/SOCIAL STUDIES
- ARABIC/ISLAMIC STUDIES